Happy Wanderer have introduced the new DT8 HD Digital Phased Array antenna to its range replacing the more expensive Active 1 DX2700 antenna which our supplier has ceased production.
FOR AN AMAZING DEMONSTRATION OF HOW GOOD THIS ANTENNA IS SCROLL TO BOTTOM OF PAGE TO VIEW A 30 SECOND UTUBE VIDEO. WE HAD THE ANTENNA, WITH NO BOOSTER ADDED, FACE DOWN ON FLOOR TO REDUCE THE SIGNAL STRENGTH TO A VERY LOW GRADE SIGNAL WHICH, WITH ALL OTHER ANTENNAS WOULD NEED BOOSTING WITH ONLY 1 LIGHT ON A SIGNAL FINDER..NOT SO FOR THIS FABULOUS PRODUCT AS WE HAD A PERFECT PICTURE ON TV.
The DT8 Dual Loop patent design is new & radical & therefore gives consistent high gain as well as good front to back ratio, which means a superior performance over a long distance in country locations. It has forgiving aiming characteristics with 70 degrees of beamwidth which allows DT8 to receive signal without pointing directly toward transmission tower.
Code HW-DT8 is for antenna head only. The most universal Bracket & Mast to go with the DT8 is the "Multi-Fit", Antenna Bracket of web page
Benefits & Features (see also TEST RESULT pdf file 0n left side
- Retail price 20% cheaper than the DX2700 antenna @ $199.00 rec retail inc GST .
- Our registered designed swing head included.
- Inside & outside cables supplied and all cables to FOXTEL type digital standard & use life lasting comperssion plugs.
- Digital screw Thru-Van-Wall DIY fitting (HW019) included in pack. Ensures no, repeat no signal loss thru van wiring
- 100% compatible with HD TV tuners so totally digital ready.
- Receives very low powered DTV country stations.
- UHF/VHF antenna (VHF about 5% of Australian locations & only in Capital city regions)
- An optional booster is available but we feel that boosting will be rarely needed as DT8 puts very weak signal onto TV. See Booster section and "Easy Tune" combined signal finder & booster all in 1 unit & test result below but does not hurt to have optional booster for a few weak signal areas.
- Antenna has long range capabilities so it suits most Australian locations.
- No power needed so can be used with 240 and 12 volt RV’s ( a real problem with DX2700 for 12 volt solved)
- 5 year guarantee.
- Very easy to assemble, (YouTube video below assists this process).
- Fits all our current bracket & mast types. Note. antenna is seperate to Mast & Bracket (best bracket & mast is HW-M/FB product - See ANTENNA BRACKETS section)
Update - November 2015 Product report
The release of our new antenna DT8 has exceeded all expectations. Since release to resellers in September 2011 we have sold 15 000 units & prior to that we had 50 units in the market place on test since March 2011. We have received minimal complaints at all - how good is that
Claim on box that it receives LOW POWERED signal is absolutely correct & we believe that whilst most antennas need a booster in 60 to 70% of country locations this antenna will only need boosting in 10% so most users may never need a booster but in some difficult locations a booster will help. TO DEMONSTRATE THIS SEE 38 Second YouTube SCROLL DOWN
The dual loop USA patented design send 75 OHM of signal down cable with virtually no signal loss or interference, probably the best on the market for digital.
We have reports of clear TV pictures in locations where signal was so week there was no registration on lowest LED light on signal finder, this is amazing.
See PDF file left on this page forl test results on test conducted by Tony Alsop for Caravan World Magazine & results released in December 2012 edition 508 page 214 confirms our bragging right that this is a great antenna, better than any other to our testing.